Tasting- Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio

Name: Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio 
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Yenda
Country: Australia
Year: 2017
Price: $7
Wine review: A rather obvious but likable wine, this has heady aromas of ripe peaches and pears, apple skins and flowers. The palate shows a little residual sugar but overall it's a mostly dry style with a slightly waxy texture. Knock this back with Chinese egg rolls and lo mein.
My review: After trying the Yellow Tail Moscato and loving it, I wanted to try the same company but try a different grape variety which is why I chose this wine. I have to say that I did not like this one as much as moscato but I want to redo this experiment and try it with a different brand. To me, this wine was completely different than what I was used to. It had a high viscosity, which I know is not important when determining flavor, but I thought worthwhile to mention because I felt as if this was the first wine I had where this was very evident from the start. I did not pick up a fruity flavor from this wine and thought it had more of a floral component. This was the first time I recognized this floral flavor instead of fruity.


Comments