Tasting- Yellow Tail Moscato


Name: Yellow Tail Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: Yenda
Country: Australia
Year: no age on bottle
Price: $7
Wine Review: A quick note on the Moscato: While this wasn't my favorite, this is probably a good option to consider if you're into lighter, sweeter wines. Golden raisin flavors came through both on the nose and palate, joined by hints of apple. This bottle was light and refreshing with a mellow fizz (didn't last as long as say, Champagne bubbles, but as the bottles states, they're going for a "lil' fizzy"). And with the alcohol clocking in at a mere 7.5%, perhaps this would be a good choice as a session wine (I don't think there's as much of a concept around "session wine" as there is session beer, but maybe there should be, so I'm planting the seeds now).
My review: I really liked this wine. I picked up this bottle to watch during the first OU football game and I drank nearly the entire bottle. I did not have any problems with an acid flavor which sometimes happens to me when I drink white wine. I felt an acidic taste only when breathing in while having the wine already in my mouth. I tasted fruity flavors but more specifically I tasted a raspberry/ blueberry flavor. I did not pair this with any food but could see it tasting great with several food options.

Comments