Tasting: 19 Crimes~2016 Red Wine

Name: 19 Crimes: 2016 Red Wine
Variety: ShirazCabernet Sauvignon and Grenache
Region: Barossa
Country: Australia
Year: 2016
Price: $7
Wine Review: Bright red to crimson hues. Intense lifted vanilla aromatics balancedwith ripe red to dark berry fruits. Full and round on the palate with a distinct sweetness giving a rich and round mouth feel. The vanilla aromatics carry through on the palate and compliment subtle flavors of chocolate and a cedary spice. The palate finishes soft and fruity with a pleasant lingering freshness.
My Review: Like I have stated in some of my earlier blogs I am just getting into red wine and this red wine was a little too much for me. I did not pair it with food and the acidic taste I picked up just from smelling it was too extreme. I got through one glass and could not handle anymore. This flavor was just too much for me. It was evident that it had strong bold fruit flavors but that wasn't enough for me to really like it. However, obviously the bottling of the wine was extremely cool which I thought was a really awesome marketing technique because it basically turns the bottles into a collectors item. People want to collect each bottle to see the different story presented on each one.

Comments