Dinner 2- Italy

Home Cooked Chicken Parmesan 

Appetizer: Caesar Salad paired with Franzia Merlot

Well I know you have mentioned several times that Franzia is just about one of the worst wines you can drink, but seeing that I never tried it and my mom had some I figured I would give it a try. The wine itself was not great and pairing red wine with a salad was not my best idea. The wine itself did not taste very fruity to me it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. I thought that maybe the salad dressing would help with the bitterness but it honestly made it taste worse. Next time I drink wine with a salad I will probably steer towards a white wine. 




















Main course: Chicken parmesan paired with Veneto Moscato 

The wine itself was not very good to me. It was incredibly sweet and was super thick, it was not easy to drink at all. The wine was a lot better with the food. The garlic on the noodles and the cheese and sauce on the chicken paired really well. They definitely complimented each other and made the wine very pleasant and easy to drink. I would definitely consider this wine to be a food wine, I do not think I could have had more than one glass by itself. I thought the wine actually brought out more flavors in the chicken parmesan than usual. I could taste each spice that was in the breading when typically I only pick up a garlic flavor. 




Dessert: Eclairs paired with Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon 

I thought the wine was surprisingly good, however I think that it definitely belonged with something that had more flavor. I thought the wine would have paired great with a steak but I wanted to try it with something that was unique. I was surprised that I did not hate this pairing. Like I said, the wine could have been better with a steak or something but I honestly would drink this wine with an eclair again. I think a sweeter red could have brought out more flavors in the eclair but overall I was surprised with this pairing. 


Comments