Tasting- Barefoot Pinot Grigio

Name: Barefoot Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Modesto, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2003
Price: $7
Wine Review: Barefoot Pinot Grigio is a light-bodied wine with a bright finish, perfect for the warm days of summer or enjoyed year-round. Tart green apple mixes it up with a white peach undertone. Floral blossoms and citrus aromas do the tango.
My Review: This wine left a strong acidic taste in my mouth. It made my tongue water but sadly I did not have any food to pair it with. I think if I had had something to eat with this it would have subsided the strong acid flavor and brought out the floral flavors even more. Even though it tasted acidic to me this wine was extremely smooth and easy to drink. I would definitely categorize this wine as having a good flavor but I would label it a food wine.

Comments